Simon Byrne was known to have killed a man buried in West Yard Whateley cemetery, who had gotten into a fight with him.
The one who he killed was given this epitaph;
- Strong and athletic was my frame
- Far from my native home I came
- And bravely fought with Simon Byrne
- Alas, but never to return.
- Stranger take warning from my fate
- Lest you should rue your case too late
- If you have ever fought before
- Determine now to fight no more.
Behind the scenesEdit
He was a boxer, and killed Alexander McKay during a fight on June 2, 1830. The epitaph in KQ4 is actually based on the one from Alexander McKay's gravestone in Hanslope Churchyard.