In the time when the spells were forged to create a reality, the new world of Daventry. It was a one-way path; once gone, it would be impossible to return, for the natural laws would not allow it.
Spells themselves are a 'spoken law' and can be irreversible thus it is important that magic users follow instructions to the letter.
List of known laws, principles and elementsEdit
- Magical laws of Opposites
- Magical law of "containment"
- Any magic, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from technology.
- Always forward, never back.
- As above, so below
- Nothing is as it appears
- To be a magician, you must know how to read. (exception Iconomancy)
- Keep your magic wand fully charged.
- Be careful.
- Follow the directions precisely/follow the instructions exactly/follow directions perfectly.
- For the art of Magic to work, the craft of Magic must be carried out with no substitutions, exceptions, or shortcuts. Nothing must be taken for granted and no factors may be fudged. The craft must be practiced with concentration and precision. Any deviation from the correct procedure, including EXACT recitation of the empowering verse, can cause fatal (if sometimes humorous) results.